10 tips for what to do during a job interview
Successful interviews require proper research, practise, presentation and follow up.
Below are 10 tips for candidates to remember to be successful during an interview:
- Arrive early and be thoroughly prepared.
- Use your smile :, whenever appropriate.
- Display a positive body language i.e. firm handshake, good posture, no crossed hands, maintain good eye contact.
- Be an attentive listener.
- Answer to the point and elaborate using examples where applicable, however try to avoid answering using simply 'Yes' and 'No'.
- Speak positively about past employers.
- Being nervous is normal during an interview, don't lose focus and don't let that disturb you in any way.
- Use specific examples from your past experiences to positively highlight your strengths (behavioural interviewing).
- Make sure you ask questions when offered i.e. one to two questions.
- Remember to 'sell' yourself!
Re-published with permission from Mint Recruitment
Mint Recruitment is part of Mint Group of Companies, Australia's customer service human resources specialist.
A "Total" HR service provider for your recruitment, staffing and training needs.