The Data Analyst works under limited direction and is accountable to undertake work that is complex in nature and deliver quality results and acts with reasonable autonomy. They may exercise judgment to provide detailed technical, professional, and/or policy advice in relation to complex problems and may assist in strategic planning, program and project management and policy development.
The Data Analyst will have a considerable level of stakeholder contact in relation to difficult or sensitive issues and will liaise with a range of stakeholders in a representation role. They may coach or lead a small operational team and is expected to review the quality of work undertaken by others.
They will assist the ATO in accomplishing its objectives by identifying and delivering quality data in a timely manner to support the client experience. They will work with other government agencies to support better reporting. They will work with stakeholders on profiling of data and developing data quality measures.
The applicant will:
• Be proficient in producing SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake and manage complex research and analysis or data extraction associated with identifying and sizing compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection
• Be accountable for specific data analysis tasks and action requests for stakeholders as required, including providing specialised advice and recommendations
• Utilise analytic techniques and methods independently to develop technical data solutions to achieve business outcomes
• Gather and investigate data and statistical information from a variety of sources to undertake business system and solution design; consider identified risks, trends, impediments and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to address them
• Elicit and document current and future states, user pathways, business rules, use cases, business requirements, high level solution designs and design specifications in the development and implementation of testing and release plans
• Prepare and contribute to reports and risk profiles as required
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of issues to influence desired outcomes and to achieve work area and agency goals
• Work collaboratively to utilise analytic techniques and methods to develop technological situations to achieve business outcomes
• Identify and resolve complex problems using specialist knowledge and experience, identification and development of ideas, analysis of alternative courses of action and their implications
• Constructively analyse issues to identify improvements about how own work is performed to achieve business outcomes Prepare project and work plans detailing measurable milestones and outcomes, monitor project and work progress and manage priorities
ASAP Start, CBD Location, Monday to Friday, 38hrs per week, $49.08 per hour! If this position appeals to you, please apply sending a Cover Letter and Resume as 1 document.