The Data Analyst works under limited direction and is accountable for undertaking a range of moderately complex to complex procedural, operational and administrative activities. They may be required to conduct investigations, undertake specialist or technical research and analysis activities, or provide professional advice within an area of specialisation based on policy and legislation. The Data Analyst will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the requirements of the position, as well as the legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin its activities. They are accountable for organising their workflow and making independent decisions relating to their work.
The Data Analyst may be a team coach or lead a small operational team and is expected to be capable of reviewing the quality of work undertaken by others within a work group. They may be required to supervise the work of lower level employees, manage performance, allocate work and identify opportunities for on-the-job training.
The Data Analyst will be accountable for communicating with and providing advice to a wide range of stakeholders regarding more complex enquires.
The applicant will be:
• Proficient in producing SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake research and analysis associated with the identification and sizing of compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection
• Take personal responsibility for specific data analysis tasks and action requests for stakeholders as required involving collecting, organising, producing, interpreting, analysing and presenting data
• Gather and investigate data and statistical information from a variety of sources to develop systems and data solutions
• Consider and identify risks, trends, impediments and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to address them
• Elicit and document current and future states, user pathways, business rules, use cases, business requirements, high level solution designs and design specifications in the development and implementation of testing and release plans
• Be accountable for managing the development and implementation of automated solutions to support business outcomes
• Prepare and contribute to reports and risk profiles as required
• Participate in a wide range of development and training activities, including mentoring and/or training less experienced employees
• Work collaboratively in a team environment, consult and share information with others and communicate decisions and progress to achieve work area and business outcomes
• Identify and resolve problems using knowledge and experience, identification and development of ideas, analysis of alternative courses of action and their implications
• Prepare project and work plans detailing measurable milestones and outcomes; monitor project and work progress; and manage priorities to deliver quality and timely outcomes
ASAP Start, CBD Location, Monday to Friday, 38hrs per week, $40.74 per hour! If this position appeals to you, please apply sending a Cover Letter and Resume as 1 document.