We have an outstanding opportunity for a QUALIFIED Senior Clinician/Counsellor/Therapist with Psychology, Social Work or similar tertiary background to take on a unique and life-changing role in the remote community surrounding Alice Springs. Should we not be able to find someone locally who is highly qualified; the client will consider interstate candidates to relocate.
- This is a full time role requiring the incumbent to be based on site in Ntara (3 nights) & Alice Spring for the remainder
- The incumbent is provided with 10,000 per year living away from home allowance
- The client will aid in the relocation and housing and a salary up to 87k plus salary packaging and super
- The candidate is provided with a fully maintained vehicle which can be used for personal use
- This role is for a passionate candidate with a genuine interest in working with the Aboriginal community and with familiarity with the Western Aranda Community
- Having an genuine understanding of the local community and the language is a highly desirable skill
Our client is a national children charity aiming to prevent child abuse with the goal of reducing the harm it causes to children, families and young people affected by abuse. This organisation is renowned for providing specialist counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people as well as running research and community awareness programs. It is also a Registered Training Organisation and delivers accredited and unaccredited training programs.
This federally funded government initiative aims to give children in remote Aboriginal communities in the Northern Territory the best start in life. This person’s role is to implement and manage a project that delivers workshops that aim to promote the community understanding regarding the neurobiology of trauma, its cause and impact on children’s behaviour; as well as ways which the families and services might better respond to such matters. The role with be giving access to what has prior been a limited region and the applicant will work directly with local healers and 2 person team.
The primary skills and objectives are:-
- Promoting therapeutic response and providing therapeutic services to children, young people and their families to aid in the recovery from the effects of abuse, family violence, trauma and loss
- Resource parents/careers and children's services staff to provide nurturing, therapeutic, reparative care for those with complex needs and challenging behaviours using a trauma framework
- Ensure risk/safety concerns are the subject of continuous cycle of assessment and review for children and young people
- Building a culturally relevant, multi-systematic, integrated, coordinated, consistent and holistic response as well as promote relationship and stability whilst working with families in a supportive, inclusive, respectful and safe way
The key requirements are:-
- Project Development, Implementation and Review
- Specialist Therapeutic Support and Interventions
- Therapeutic work with Children
- Delivery of Training on Trauma and its impacts
- Advocacy and Research
- Administration Requirements
Mandatory Requirements are:-
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline
- Demonstrated high level understanding and experience working therapeutically in an Aboriginal community context
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a clinical assessment or treatment capacity in this community setting
- The capacity to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinician and other professionals
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or working with traumatised children
- Australian Driver’s license and a current working with children check
Candidates with a strong level of experience and understanding of the complexities of remote Aboriginal communities are of the highest regard for this role. To access a thorough and extensive Position Description or should you have questions please email email@example.com phone 08 8111 8502 from Monday the 19th December. We ask that those that are interested act quickly once satisfied with the content of the PD.
LEAD - MAKE A DIFFERENCE - CHANGE LIVES - WORK WITH THE MOST PASSIONATE - BE REWARDED - OWN YOUR ROLE - INFLUENCE YOUR COMMUNITY