- Be part of the global Wagyu revolution
- Industry leadership position
- Armidale NSW
The Australian Wagyu Association is the peak body leading the Wagyu breed. Wagyu is a unique breed with exquisite beef eating quality through high marbling. High calving ease, excellent temperament, heat resilience, hardiness and high carcass quality and yield make Wagyu particularly suited to Australian conditions. Of greatest importance is the economic value, currently delivering up to 100% premium over pastoral cattle, sold at either the farm gate or as a long fed carcass.
With the impending retirement of the current CEO, the AWA are looking to appoint their future leader to guide the organisation into the next exciting phase of growth. This high profile position spans both the Australian and international beef industries, with responsibility to develop and lead a strong and capable AWA organisation in transforming the beef industry.
To lead AWA into this unprecedented period of change and growth, they are seeking a highly respected, robust and passionate individual who is willing to go the extra mile for AWA members. As CEO, you will work to an annual Business Plan with responsibility across a multi-faceted organisation, leading a diverse range of stakeholders including AWA members, staff and corporate partners.
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong livestock/beef (or related) industry knowledge, preferably with international exposure
- Proven experience in leading, developing and motivating staff, contractors and corporate partners
- A strong track record in developing working partnerships with stakeholder organisations and interest groups to achieve their optimal engagement and commitment
- An innovative approach to enabling new and successful solutions and opportunities
- High level strategic and operational planning to deliver on agreed objectives
- Sound financial understanding and day to day management in regard to developing annual budgets and monitoring P&L and balance sheet
- Strong and uncompromising corporate governance
- An appreciation of cross-cultural sensitivities
This is an outstanding opportunity to help shape the global growth story of Wagyu, based out of Armidale, a culturally vibrant regional city with excellent facilities, especially education. A salary package befitting this important position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. To enquire please phone Mick Hay or Sharon Moloney on 07 3878 3411 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au
by Friday, 13 January 2017.